Sunday, March 28, 2010

Surgery on the Horizon

I have two more treatments, Monday and Tuesday, and then I'm scheduled for surgery on Wednesday the 31st. Mostly I feel ready, if not anxious, to get it over with. I know it will not be pleasant, but maybe it won't be too horrible. I won't know until it's over, and maybe not even then, given that I have to see if everything will heal.

The "what ifs" insert themselves into my consciousness unbidden - not unhealthy, I guess, but not particularly helpful. I want to be able to go back to work. I don't want to be away for too long. But what I want may not be the deciding factor.

For now I want to trust that the doctors and nurses will take good care of me, and that I'll wake up to the faces of my husband and my son. That is a good start.

I think I will use this site to update my progress. I know there is also a centralized site for people with illness to use for that purpose, but I feel more comfortable posting here. With any luck, I shouldn't be away from the computer more than three or four days. I promise I won't post if I'm still on a lot of pain medication.

The metaphor of the dive and the oxygen treatment may linger a while longer. I need ten more treatments after surgery, starting the very next day. I hope I am not too out-of-it for treatment on Thursday. I've seen fellow travelers be rather loopy post-surgery. But I know the chamber staff will watch out for me.

I carry the kindnesses of all my colleagues, friends, family, and loved ones with me in my heart.

See you on the other side.

6 comments:


  1. I'm here, TC, on the other side, waiting in hope.
    I'm here, with prayers and love.
    I'm here keeping vigil until you can post again.
    I'm here trusting that you will dive well.
    I'm here desiring excellent surgery results and swift healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candles for TC may be lighted here (see link below).

    Candles stay lit for about 48 hours, so you may want to bookmark the site...

    (cut and paste...)
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♡ Easter Blessings and loving prayers, TC! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. We heard about the 7.2 Easter earthquake in Baja and hope all is okay. Hoping you are able to post soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. { { {{ ♥ tc ♥ }} } }

    I left a message for you at the end of the HEP Labyrinth thread. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡

    Of all the Springs
    that ever were,
    I am most grateful for
    this one
    being early
    and verdant
    and yours.

    Love, Prayers, Tendernesses ♥♡ XOXOXXX

    ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡ * ♥ * ♡

    ReplyDelete